#478 - My Best Online Marketing & Management Tools for 2014
The 2014 challenge is to keep up with new information, a mobile workplace, constant communication and the drive for efficiency.
Here's my list of 10 Tools that keep me efficient and informed in a fast-changing industry - how many will you find useful?
- Evernote is free software that stores notes, website bookmarks and documents, then syncs them with your smartphone and other computers. Eg when you see a web page and want to remember it, one click on the Evernote browser button saves it to Evernote, and it can be accessed from any other computer or your phone. Add a spreadsheet or pdf to a note, and it's available on any of your devices. You can also create a shared folder with someone else eg store all the interesting web pages you find on food events, and share the folder with the chef or event manager - they can do the same. Evernote is great!
- Email marketing is still so powerful, and Constant Contact is our long-time choice for an easy system that looks good, saves your database and tracks how many people open messages. They now have additional services for Event Management & Bookings (including payments), Surveys and now great tools to upgrade your Facebook Page. There are other email services, but none that have this many useful features.
- Monitor Social Conversations - NutshellMail is a great way to track mentions of your brand or important words like your own name or location. It can monitor Twitter, Yelp, LinkedIn, YouTube, Foursquare or Facebook. Free, with a daily summary emailed at a time of your choice.
- Dropbox for sharing documents with your team, or making a download available to the public (eg a menu or flyer). Put them into a Dropbox folder and they can be securely available on other computers, phones and the Dropbox website. Eg if you're working on a new flyer or menu with someone else, store the document in Dropbox, give them access and you can both work on the same document. End the frustration of different versions being emailed back and forth, and wherever you are, it's available. Dropbox is free, and we love it!
- Manage Projects & Events with Asana. It's how we keep track of projects and share tasks with the team. A great way to keep 'To Do' lists, messages, files and milestones all in the one place, organised by topic. Eg you may be organising an event, with the chef, sales staff, bar manager, graphic designer all involved. You can set up sub-projects with To-Do lists for each of them, and keep all the messaging back and forth in one place. I use Asana every single day with my team.
>>> Continue to the rest of the List...
Profitable Hospitality Membership means you START THE YEAR with MUCH MORE EFFICIENCY!.
DON'T WAIT - Grab Your Membership! with hundreds of ready-to-go systems,downloads and cost-calculators from the Download Center: including Job Descriptions, a Staff Policy Manual and Rule Book, Performance & Discipline Memos, Kitchen and Bar Systems and great Marketing promotions - all available 24/7.
Food Costs out of line? Keep a constant eye on expenses and menu profitability with the Profitable Recipe Manager. On CD or instant download - it's designed to be simple and powerful.
2014 Training & Events Calendar
>>> NEW: How to Use Google+ for Marketing - Sydney, 18 March
>>> Starting a Cafe or Restaurant Workshop - Sydney, 9 February or 22 March
>>> Twitter & Facebook for Marketing & Networking - Sydney, 25 March
>>> How to Use LinkedIn for Marketing - Sydney, 31 March
This Week's Podcast: How to Create a Successful Health-Food Cafe -- Sadhana Kitchen
>>> For the podcast show notes and links - go to the Espresso Updates Blog.